Kokoshka sou Oris (Macedonian Chicken and Rice)
photo by Eva E.
- Ready In:
- Place chicken in pot, cover with water and bring to boil removing any scum from the top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook till tender-remove when cooked through, and reserve liquid to cook rice in.
- When chicken is cooked, melt butter in a metal baking pan, and fry the finely chopped onion till transparent.
- Add the rice and fry it for a minute, being careful not to burn it.
- Add 6- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock and bring to the boil--you may want to use the liquid that you boiled the chicken in.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice.
- You can also place a couple of tomatoes cut in half with the cut side up in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Teresa, and I live in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been away from Zaar for a few years now..time sure flew! Lots has changed...some for the better, some not so much. I'm single again, and my cat, Stetson, passed away. Hopefully, I'll be around more and get back into the swing of things..I missed you guys!