Kokoda (Fijian Spicy Fish)
- Ready In:
- 4 large white fish fillets, such as mahi-mahi
- 3 large limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 small green chili pepper, such as serrano, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
- Cut the fish into bite-size pieces. In a non-reactive bowl, combine the fish, lime juice, and salt. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator, add the coconut cream, chopped onion, and chile just before serving. Sprinkle the tomatoes and bell pepper over the top. Serve on a bed of lettuce in coconut bilos (half coconut shells).
- Heat Scale: Mild.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!