Kobe Roux GRIS GRIS Cajun Rub
photo by Jeff Cheffro White
- Ready In:
2 happy times
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix is something everyone should have at the ready in their pantry. This rub recipe was made from studying the art of cajun and creole cooking for many years. It adds a bit of heat, and as heat is concerned, will never please everyone. Some will find it too hot, while others will think it's not hot at all.
- Luckily, there's a simple cure. Adjust the cayenne and red pepper flake amount to fit your palate. This recipe is a good baseline for the majority of people who can handle a bit of heat. Add, subtract or even eliminate the heat if you choose to.
- My guess is, if you chose to eliminate the heat, you're really not into this kind of cuisine. It's not for everyone.
- Use our Cajun Gris Gris seasoning for any kind of meat or fish you may want to accompany a gumbo, jambalaya or Roux-base sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!