A Pennsylvania favorite. If you like cabbage and noodles, you should love this casserole! The cracker topping gives it a nice crunch!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 16 ounces kluski noodles or 16 ounces medium-wide egg noodles, only use half
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 10 ounces muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sour cream
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet. Add onions and cabbage to drippings. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Stir in cottage cheese, Muenster cheese and salt to noodles.
- Add bacon and cabbage mixture to noodles.
- Turn into greased casserole. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very delicious!! I changed it up a bit to make it with less calories: I left out the bacon and then fried the cabbage and onion in calorie-free butter spray; I used white whole-wheat egg noodles, low fat cottage cheese, and only 8 ounces of cheese; I also left off the butter and cracker crumbs at the end. I also used half mozzarella and half colby jack cheese only because the store didn't have shredded muenster and I was too lazy to shred it myself. I was expecting to like this but it was even better than I expected! Thanks for the recipe!!