photo by Mommy Diva
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour & 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat into 9" square pan & bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, kiwifruit, eggs, lime juice, lime zest & baking powder.
- Pout over baked crust, & return to oven.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool & sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares & serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very easy weekday dessert to make. We love kiwi, but even using 3 large ones we could not taste it much (I wonder if there is kiwi extract out there?). There was a lot of crust to contend with. Less crust, more kiwi, and some whipped topping would surely make this a 5 star recipe. Made for PRMR.
Great way to use kiwis - a fun change to traditional bars to take to a get together. Cut them small as they are quite sweet and rich - according to my 14 year old!! ;) Family enjoyed them - only change I made was adding 3 kiwifruit (after reading previous review I thought maybe that would help give more fruit taste, but we thought it was fine), and I did bake the crust an additional 3 minutes before adding fruit mix, then added another 6 minutes on the final bake time. Could just be oven variation. ;) Crust tastes like shortbread - yummy! I think that I would reduce the amount of crust just so it wasn't so thick - so the ratio of crust to fruit was more equal like a lemon bar - the crust is terrific though!! I did like the fruit with 3 kiwis too! Lovely recipe - thank you!
I made this for Zaar Tag. I won't rate it bcz it didn't turn out for me. I didn't have lime zest so I used 2 tsp lime juice. I used Sucanat for the sugar and whole wheat in the crust. I think it ended up in the oven a bit too long. I couldn't really taste much of the fruit. All I tasted was the crust! If I try again, I will use white sugar and see if that makes a diff.