Kittencal's Reese's Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Dessert
photo by Bay Laurel
- Ready In:
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened (or use vanilla)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter (room temperature, Reese's is good to use)
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped and frozen (optional, or use as many as desired)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Magic Shell ice cream topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (for a sweeter taste you may increase slightly)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- For the crust; in a bowl combine all crust ingredients together until well blended.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate, or a 9-inch glass baking pan.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes; cool then place the empty crust into the freezer until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl combine the soft ice cream with peanut butter until well combined, then mix in the frozen chopped peanut butter cups (if using) pour into the frozen pie crust, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Return to the freezer until firm.
- When the pie is completely frozen drizzle the magic shell on top.
- Return to freezer until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I should of been adventurous and used your homemade magic shell but I will someday. This is a peanut butter lovers dream come true.YUMMY. I did add the optional peanut butter cups. Maybe next time I will layer the bottom of the dish with them although I did enjoy making the chocolate cookie crumb crust. Thanks for sharing KITTENCAL!! Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y December cooking event 2009.