Kittencal's Easy Marinade for Grilled Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 (475 ml) bottle kraft Italian salad dressing (not low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional but good to add in I always do)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste, the more the better I say!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Add in chicken pieces, cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to grill, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken with seasoning salt and pepper, then grill.
- There is enough marinade for up to 10 pieces of chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was awesome! I used the mustard and garlic powder (unfortunately my fresh garlic had gone bad......next time I will definetely add some). I had read a suggestion some where that you make slits in the chicken.....being careful not to cut all the way through.......so that the marinade could penetrate deeper and to help with the cooking time. I marinated the chicken this way for about 5 hours and it was great! Thanks for posting!