Kittencal's Creamy Cucumber Salad
Two medium regular cucumbers may be used in place of one large English cucumber, I prefer the taste and texture of English and has less water in it ---plan ahead there is a 75 minute draining time for the cucumber slices to remove excess moisture, this is a crucial step to prevent a watery salad, the onion is only optional, I like to add it in, this is a great recipe for garden fresh cucumbers :)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 large English cucumber (peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed then sliced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Place the cucumber slices into a glass bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and kosher salt; toss using hands.
- Allow to sit for about 45 minutes.
- Pour out any liquid from the bowl and drain in a colander; allow to sit for another 30 minutes to allow any excess drainage.
- In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise with sour cream, sugar, fresh dill and black pepper.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl; pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
- Mix in red onion slices (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
We loved this cucumber salad! The English cucumbers were big but thin so I used two. Used apple cider dressing and sea salt to soak the cucumbers in. Let them set for about 35 minutes and then drained in the colander for about 15. Put 4 teaspoons of fresh dill in the salad but next time will only add 3 and try the red onion too. Kitten thanks for a wonderful cucumber salad!