Kitchen Sink Spaghetti
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper or Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- italian seasoning
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms or 8 ounces canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb thin spaghetti or 1 lb spaghettini, cooked al dente
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and continue to brown for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Quickly stir in seasonings.
- Mix tomato sauce into meat mixture.
- Add water as necessary to regulate thickness.
- Simmer until sauce reaches preferred consistency.
- Add mushrooms, olives, and corn and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix sauce into drained spaghetti.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small town in California's central valley, just south of Fresno. I have been an Elementary school teacher for 25 years, but am taking a year off for health reasons. I have 2 children, 2 1/2 grandchildren (third is due in January) and finally am having some time to enjoy them. I like to read, quilt,play on the computer geocache, and now have enough time to learn how to cook more than just a few staples.