Kitchen Sink Soup
photo by Jenny Sanders
- Ready In:
- Wash and pick over the peas and lentils and cook them in 8 cups of water with the bay leaves until the peas are mushy and the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, trim, chop, and wash the leeks.
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Saute them until soft in 1 tbsp of the oil, and add them to the soup.
- Chop the celery and the cabbage.
- Saute them together in the remaining vegetable oil until limp.
- Add them to the soup with the tomatos and add salt to taste.
- Simmer to blend.
- Heat up and serve the next day.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious soup, and the perfect way to start getting back into healthy eating after Christmas! I discovered at the last minute that I was out of cabbage, so I used double the carrots and celery, and I also used chicken stock for half the water. This soup really has a wonderful flavor, and I am so glad you posted it!