Kiss (Keeping It Super Simple) Fried Fish
photo by Chef Canada Umami
- Ready In:
6 large pieces
- 3⁄4 cup beer (brand of your choice)
- 1 cup pancake mix (brand of your choice)
- 3 large fish fillets, cut into 6 pieces (basa works well)
- set fryer to 160 degrees celsius.
- rinse fillets under cold water & pat dry.
- sprinkle 1/4 cup of the dry pancake mix on a platter.
- fold the remaining pancake mix with the beer in a shallow bowl.
- dredge the fish in the dry pancake mix.
- dip the dredged fish into the beer batter.
- gently place the battered fish into the hot oil ensuring that there is plenty of space between pieces - two or three pieces at a time is best.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Here in Canada we are motivated more than ever to learn to make our favourite dishes ourselves, as we are far away from family and friends. We have a passion for peasant food, wine and beer - but it is the food of families not gourmet chefs, and we can only truly enjoy it when we share it with others!