Kipfler Potatoes Meuniere
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An Ed Halmagyi "Fast Ed" recipe. Basically a hot potato salad that makes a great side for almost any meal. Gluten-free suitable
- Ready In:
- 700 g kipfler potatoes (fingerling potatoes)
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced (French shallot, eschallot)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt flakes and freshly-milled black pepper
- Add the unpeeled potatoes to a steamer basket and cook over a saucepan of simmering water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Peel the potatoes while hot and slice in halves on an angle. Larger potatoes maybe sliced into three or four pieces in the angle. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan, then add the capers, eschalots and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then mix in the potatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes, turning often, until golden.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION