King's Club Sandwich
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 16 ounces loaf king's Hawaiian sweet bread
- 2 -4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices bacon, hot and cooked
- 12 ounces deli turkey or 12 ounces deli chicken, sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine first three ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Wrap bread in foil and warm in oven for about 10 minutes. Slice loaf into 3 even, horizontal layers.
- Spread 1/2 of mayonnaise sauce evenly over bottom layer, cover with lettuce leaves allowing edges to slightly extend beyond bread.
- Place bacon strips on top like spokes in a wheel.
- Add next layer of bread; spread with remaining sauce.
- Top with tomato slices, then sliced meat to cover entire surface.
- Cut into 8 wedges, securing with toothpicks or short skewers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Never heard of Hawaiian sweet bread -- it's not available in Australia. So I made this yummy sandwich with olive bread. I often combine mayonnaise and horseradish, but never thought to add sweet chilli sauce to the mix. These three ingredients are a great combination -- and turn this sandwich into an extremely glorified BLT. Used Recipe #207860. Yummo!