Kielbasa Cassoulet (W/Beans) - One-Pot Dish
photo by CabinKat
- Ready In:
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch on angle
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained & rinsed (do not use red)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup sun-dried tomato, diced (I recommend dry)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 tsp. granules mixed with 1 cup hot water)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet or pot, cook sausage over med-high heat until slightly charred or browned, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to simmer and add remaining ingredients. Be sure to rub thyme in palm while adding to enhance flavor.
- Cook until liquid is nearly dissolved, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: Can substitute 1 cup chicken broth with 3/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup white wine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My Mom didn't like more than one cook (herself) in the kitchen at any given time, so I taught myself to cook after I lived on my own. I never liked the same old stuff so I had started to experiment with recipes. I found loads of recipes to play with throughout the years, even before the internet (grin). 15 years ago I met a man who loves to cook as much as me. We have been having loads of fun with the recipes that we find. We only post what we find a delight to make and eat.