photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Slice 3 of the hot dogs.
- In a skillet, using some of the fat from the bacon, sauté the hot dogs, celery and onion.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and can of soup, cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Crumble bacon and add to the mixture.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of macaroni noodles and cream sauce.
- Top the casserole with slices of the remaining hot dogs and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My 4 year-old who is super picky LOVES this dish. I picked it specifically for him because of the fattening ingredients. He is a tiny guy and needs to chunk up a bit. The only problem was the salt. I added less than 1/4 tsp. and it was still too salty. Next time I won't add any. (Will probably go down to 1/4 tsp. of pepper, too.) We all liked this recipe. I will certainly make it again. Thank you, Evan's Mommy!