Kicking Southern Style Collard Greens
Bacon, onions, garlic, and greens! Need I say more?
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh collard greens, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Heat oil in large pot of medium high heat. Add bacon, cook until crisp and remove from pan. Crumble and return to pan.
- Add onion and cook with bacon until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add collard greens, cook until they start to wilt.
- Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce hit, and simmer for about 45 minutes (until greens are tender).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION