Kicked Up Chicken Salad Sandwiches
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts (Drain liquids)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced (I only use half of the yolks to cut down on cholesterol)
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3 slices of cooked chopped bacon (I use the pre-cooked bacon, and just crisp in the microwave for 30-40 seconds right before you add i)
- salt and pepper
- While the eggs are boiling, drain cans of chicken and seperate chicken pieces in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, onions, relish, jalapeno, and seasonings.
- Add diced eggs and warm bacon.
- Mix well and serve on warm toasted bread (whatever your favorite kind is).
- Salad mix canned be topped with lettuce leaves for added crunch and flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe for Pick-a-Chef. I made everything as directed, except I found that 1 to 1 1/2 cups of mao would have been way too much. I used 1/2 cup of (light) mao and it was plenty to coat the ingredients nicely. This had a nice taste to it...not to hot since the jalepeno seeds were omitted. I loved the addition of bacon...hadn't thought of that before. It really didn't need salt in that the canned chicken has salt as well as the bacon so taste before you season! I liked it, but really missed having celery in it for that crunch and celery taste. Thanks for the experience! Pam
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi, I'm Val. And yes, I am happy :) I live in one of the beautiful suburbs of Houston but I am from Southern Louisiana, Cajun Country. Although I truly enjoy cajun food, I also enjoy other cultural foods. I love to try different recipes, that's why I love recipezaar. My family and I enjoy dining at Thai, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Lebanese, Vietnamese and Indian restauraunts. I also enjoy coming home and finding recipes of our favorite dishes we try at the restauraunts. <br /> <br />I have a terrific husband of 22 years, and 2 wonderful children- a 21 year old son and an 20 year old daughter. They are the loves of my life. Oh, I can't forget the other 3 precious members of the family- our 3 mini schnauzers, Ollie,Emmie and Charlie. They keep us all laughing. We are huge animal lovers. <br /> <br />I am a stay-at-home mom so I can log on to recipezaar in the morning and try to decide what I can cook for dinner. We all enjoy trying different recipes I find here. I'll keep searching for recipes so everyone keep on posting. (I try to post recipes when I can.) <br /> <br />Have a great day!!!!!</p>