Khoya Suhali - an Authentic Sweet in Haryana for Sawan
photo by charu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 200 g khoya
- 4 -5 cardamom
- 4 spoon rose water
- 50 g dried fruits
- In a big pan, add all-purpose refind flour and add oil for moyan in it. Mix nicely oil in refined flour.
- With a lukewarm water make a tight dough and keep it for rest about 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes it will be set.
- Make small balls like lemon and make them smooth. There should be no crack. Make all balls like this.
- Take a ball and roll it into 2-2.5 meter diameter. It should be thick. Prick it with help of a fork, knife or toothpick, so that it does not puff up.
- In hot oil them, until they turn in to the golden brown.
- In another pan, add 3/4 cup water and sugar for sugar syrup. When sugar dissolves completely add rose water and cardamon.
- After that add khoya / mava in sugar syrup and stir continuously. Otherwise it will be stick to bottom of the pan. Take a good boil in it.
- Now dip frying mathris one by one in sugar syrup and keep aside. Keep them under a fan for 12-15 hours.
- Garnish with dry fruits. You can serve them hot as well. After 15 hours store them in a cool place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a digital marketing professional. Cooking is like a refreshment to me.