KFC Potato Wedges (Copycat)
My copycat recipe for KFC's seasoned fried potato wedges. This recipe requires 1/2 level cup Recipe #453973.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 4 -6 small unpeeled white potatoes or 4 -6 small russet potatoes
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning (recommended flavor enhancer)
- 2 cups pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoning ($notetemplate1$)
RECOMMENDED FRYING OIL (I USE PEANUT OIL)
- pure vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
- RESERVE 1/2 level cup of prepared Recipe #453973 (without added flour).
- SELECT as many premium small-sized, blemish-free white or russet potatoes needed (1 potato = 1 serving); SCRUB skins and rinse.
- CUT potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3 wedges, yielding 6 potato wedges per potato (if you are using larger potatoes, you can cut each potato into 8 wedges).
- SOAK potatoes refrigerated for several hours or overnight in BRINE mixture (4 cups cold water, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning (recommended flavor enhancer).
- MEASURE 2 cups all-purpose flour with the 1/2 cup Recipe #453973 into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag; SHAKE container and mix well.
- REMOVE a few wedges from brine using tongs; PLACE wedges (a few at a time) into SEASONED FLOUR container.
- SEAL firmly and shake potato wedges in all motions to thoroughly coat; PLACE coated pieces on a paper-towel lined plate until all wedges are breaded; ALLOW potatoes to rest a few minutes, to absorb breading.
- USE enough pure vegetable shortening or peanut oil (or both) to immerse potatoes completely in a deep heavy pot, or add manufacturer's recommended amount of oil to deep-fryer; VERY SLOWLY heat oil in gradual increments oil to 350°F until preheated.
- FRY potato wedges completely immersed in 350°F fat without overcrowding, in a deep-fryer and fry until crisp golden brown and potatoes are tender within; SEASON with sea salt if desired.
- SERVE with ketchup and/or ranch dressing and ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION