Key Lime Dessert Squares
another recipe made quick with cake mix..I use Duncan Hines deluxe white cake mix...and for the filling..I do use reduced fat condensed milk..to save on calories..and fat..same with cool whip
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 19 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- FOR CRUST:.
- Spread pecans in shallow baking pan --
- Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine pecans, cake mix and melted butter.
- Stir until crumbs form, spread in bottom of ungreased 13x9x2 pan.Press lightly.
- FOR FILLING:.
- Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and food coloring, if desired, in medium bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350*.for 15 minutes.or until set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate until chilled.about 2 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Top with dollops of whipped topping and lime slices, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good & well-loved by all who ate them! These are very tasty bars & fascinating to make! I did, however, used considerably more than just a drop of green food coloring, 'cause I wanted the bars to be GREEN! Also, I realized way too late than when [in step #6] is says to "Press lightly" the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan, PRESS LIGHTLY & ONLY LIGHTLY! Thanks much for the recipe ~ It's definitely a keeper!