Key Lime Bars in Coconut Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly grease a 9x3 inch baking pan.
- Make the crust: combine all crust ingredients in a food processor; process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup of the crumbs; press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 16-18 minutes, until it is golden brown.
- Make the filling: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add in the sugar and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in the flour, then beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the lime juice, mixing until smooth; pour the filling onto the crust.
- Bake the bars for 15 minutes; sprinkle with reserved crumbs and bake 10 more minutes, or until set around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For easiest slicing, refrigerate for several hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION