Keto Pork Larb Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 lemongrass, stalk bottom third only, tough outer layers removed, thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced in 1-inch matchsticks (or 4 Thai chiles, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium tamari
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted skin-on peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup torn mint leaf
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high until shimmering. Add garlic and cook, smashing with a wooden spoon, until some parts are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Push garlic to one side of pan, then add pork and a 1/4 tsp of salt to the other side. Cook, smashing and stirring pork and garlic together, until no clumps remain and meat is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in shallot and lemongrass, cooking until a few pieces of pork are starting to brown.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in scallions, chiles, tamari, lime juice, fish sauce, and half of peanuts. Let larb cool slightly, then taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve with lettuce/cabbage cups, passing mint and remaining peanuts separately.
- Or divide lettuce between four bowls, top with the torn mint. Add the larb and remaining peanuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!