Keshi Yena (Chicken Stuffed Cheese)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 6 pimiento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 16 slices gouda cheese, thinly sliced deli-style (about 10 oz)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add peppers and onions; saute 5 minutes. Add raisins, olives, chicken, pickles, tomato paste and salt. Cook 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Grease 4 (8oz) ramekins. Line ramekins with 12 slices of cheese. Fill with chicken mixture. Top with remaining slices of cheese. Tuckin any cheese that hangs over the edge.
- Place ramekins in a large pan. Add hot water half-way up the sides of ramekins; cover pan tightly with foil or a lid and place over medium-high heat. Cook 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!