Kerala Style Nadan Chicken Fry / Chicken Drumstick Fry
photo by seenakoshy
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 handful curry leaf
- 1⁄2 cup oil, to fry
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make some slits on the chicken drumsticks and then clean and wash it. Keep it in a colander to drain water.
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients given under the section, ‘To Marinate’.
- Mix all those ingredients well.
- Pour 1 or 2 table spoons of water. Mix well and make it a paste.
- Dip all the chicken drumsticks in to this marinade and mix well, so that chicken drumsticks are well covered with masala.
- Close this with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator minimum for one hour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan at medium heat. Fry the marinated chicken drumsticks in batches. Do frequent flipping in between.
- Once it is done, remove it with a slotted spoon. Drain the fried chicken drumsticks onto paper towels.
- Next fry the curry leaves in the same oil and spread it on the top of fried chicken drumsticks.
- Garnish it with onion and lemon wedges.
- Your Kerala Style Nadan Chicken Fry / Chicken Drumstick Fry is ready to be served.
- Serve it hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!