Kentucky Style Green Beans and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs fresh green beans
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1 head cabbage, diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, grease reserved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chervil
- Snap ends off beans.
- Put everything but bacon, but including bacon grease, into a stockpot and simmer covered about two hours spirnkle bacon over top for serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">