Kentucky Fried Chicken (Copycat)
I haven't tried this yet but it seemed worth a go.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 (1 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup club soda or 1/3 cup moussey beer
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pancake mix with one package of dressing mix in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining package dressing mix with eggs and club soda or beer.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and soda mixture, then in pancake mixture.
- Let dry on rack or paper towelling (pieces should not touch) about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 425 degrees.
- Fry coated chicken pieces in hot oil for 6 minutes.
- Remove and place on baking sheet (not touching).
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a complete waste of ingredients. First of all, it took a lot of time prepping the chicken, Second once you start following the recipe DO NOT THINK for one second your chicken will look like the picture. Your chicken will burn in four minutes ....I mean black,charred with a sweet taste. Who wants sweet ashes? Baking ....well it only made it darker. Never again will I make this recipe. Shame on you for the falseness...liar.Reply
This was very very tasty, I did cook in the 350 degrees oil, and only cooked them for 3 minutes till they were nice crispy and golden. The chicken meat was very moist, and flavorful. I had used scratch made italian season mix, and think it could of had more spices, found a better her on food.com, and will use it next time.Reply
425 degrees is way too hot for deep frying anything, especially chicken. Most oils and fats really start to break down above about 375. Chicken needs time to cook inside and not be too burned outside so save your oil and your chicken by taking off at least 50 degrees and preferably 75 or 100 degrees off of the temperature of the oil. Bruce13Reply
see 3 more