Kenda's Cornbread and Biscuits Thanksgiving Dressing
photo by Kendas Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 10 ounces refrigerated biscuits, baked according to package directions
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cornbread mix, baked according to package directions
- 1 egg, for cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk, for cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, minced in food processor
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine in food processor
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 breakfast sausage links, raw-slit casings and remove meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 12 ounces herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth
- Bake cornbread and biscuits the day before. Cool and cut both into large chunks. Let this sit out overnight to dry (or put in oven to dry).
- The next day, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onions, celery, and salt. Saute stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, in a very large bowl, scramble eggs; add sausage and poultry seasoning and parsley-mix well.
- Add cubed stuffing and mix well. Lightly toss with cubed biscuits and cornbread.
- Add broth and mix again. Avoid over mixing, but incorporate most of broth for a heavier dressing, less for a slightly fluffier dressing.
- Place in a large baking dish and bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350. The top should be light brown. Alternatively, portion into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.
- Due to raw eggs and pork, do not stuff a turkey with this recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!