Keema Matar - Indian Minced Chicken and Peas
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 lb green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Mix ground chicken with cumin, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and tomato paste.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet and cook the onion until it begins to brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until done.
- Add the peas and cook until they are heated through and softened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped cilantro and hard-boiled eggs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was torn between three and four stars, but gave the four stars because the recipe is really pretty healthy and quite easy to make. I halved the meat and consequently used a bit less of the peas as well. I think this recipe would benefit from more Indian spices. It was a bit lacking in flavor in spite of the ginger, garlic, and so on. I also had to turn the heat down a bit after cooking the onions or I would have had a burned mess on my hands. I served with naan.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is The Essential Rice Cookbook.