Kedgeree Curry (Curried Pinto Beans and Rice)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or use curry paste as we do- to taste)
- 3 cups white rice (Cooked- left over)
- 2 cups pinto beans (Canned is great)
- Mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce and water and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil. Stir in the curry until mixed.
- Add the rice and mix well. Stir in the pinto beans.
- Add the lemon juice mixture, combine well.
- Serve topped with the chopped tomatoes, green onions and eggs, eating along side a warm tortilla!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We own a small ranch located in Napa, California. We used to be considered odd because we grew most of our food and lived frugally. Now we are viewed as trendy- go figure!</p> <p>Anyway, we raise chickens for meat and eggs, have tons of fruits and vegetables and do it all without using pesticides or chemicals.</p> <p>We also cook almost everything we eat from scratch. It takes a lot longer, but ours is the house that everyone wants an invitation to dinner at.</p>