Kasi Halwa / White Pumpkin Halwa - Diwali Recipes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
As diwali is approaching here is a great traditional sweet recipe...
- Ready In:
- grated white pumpkin, 1 cup
- sugar, 3/4 cup
- ghee, 1 1/2 tbsp
- cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp
- saffron, a pinch
- cashews, 1 tbsp
- Fry cashewnuts in little ghee till they turn golden brown colour and keep aside.
- Take a fine muslin cloth , filter the grated pumpkin .
- Boil the filtered pumpkin water in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add saffron , filtered pumpkin in the boiling water and let it cook on low flame.
- Add sugar , mix and let it cook again.
- When it looks glossy and starts to combine well, add ghee , cardamom powder, edible camphor and mix well and cook again.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan , add fried cashewnut , mix and remove from fire.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION