Kartoffelsalat (Warm German Potato Salad)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Posted for World Tour 2006. Yes yes yes this is yet another German potato Salad recipe but this has a slight twist with the Caraway seeds
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, washed well, left unpeeled (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 10 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 c)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle; cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon; keep mixture warm, covered.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and sauté onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes. Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION