Funny little cookies with jelly in middle imprints - like mini-pies! Really great cookie texture. Use any kind of jam or jelly, or mix it up! Note: Recipe is for 6 large cookies, make smaller cookies or double if desired. (A-Z Kids Cookbook)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup jam (any flavor) or 1 cup pie filling (any flavor)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix flour, butter, powdered sugar, baking powder and just enough milk until dough forms (if dough seems dry, mix in more milk, 1 tsp at a time).
- Dive dough into 6 equal parts. Shape each part into a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Make an indentation, 1 3/4 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inch deep, in center of each flattened ball.
- Fill each indentation with about 2 tablespoons of pie filling. Bake until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Definitely a keeper! These are so cute! I made the 6 large cookies & then DH & I had to stop ourselves from eating them all. The kids each got one. ;) I love how big & special they look so in the future I'll double or even triple the recipe. The dough is super easy to make and handle. I started out making the impressions with a metal heart shaped measuring spoon so the cookies would be round with a jelly heart in the center, but the impressions turned out to not be big enough that way and I had to make bigger impressions with my thumbs. Next time I could make double the cookies (not the recipe) & make a Tablespoon heart impression in each, using less jam. Today I used raspberry pie filling (a can I've been hanging onto but can't remember what I bought it for) and the 6 large cookies barely held one Tablespoon of that (I have plenty leftover to make more cookies! :)). These were just a huge hit with us & I have no doubt we'll be making these again & again! Thank you so much for posting this one, JDame! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0Reply