Kappa Maki (Cucumber Sushi)
Very quick and easy -- since I've lived in Japan I make this almost daily.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice (I recommend $notetemplate1$)
- 6 -8 sheets nori
- 1 cucumber (sliced lengthwise)
- Lay sheet of nori on bamboo mat.
- Cover nori with layer of sushi rice, spreading rice about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Lay long strips of cucumber on center of rice.
- Roll into long sushi roll using the bamboo mat to aid (it takes a little getting used to, but it's fairly easy).
- Cut roll into smaller pieces using sharp knife -- serve with soy sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more