Kansas City Smokehouse Beans
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (40 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- In frying pan, cook bacon to remove the grease, until tender, not crisp.
- In large roasting pan or crock pot combine beans with their liquid, bacon, and the rest of the ingredients.
- For roasting pan, bake uncovered in oven at 325 for 60 - 70 minutes. For crockpot, cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These beans are excellent, cook them in the oven or on the smoker, let them cook till almost all juice is gone. Fantastic the next day, hot or cold. To the people who are complaining about this is not a perfect replica because the recipe doesn't include burnt ends, just put them in yours. Thank-you for sharing. Love these.
This bean casserole is excellent! I made this minus the bacon along with MarieAlice's Classic Roast Potatoes and these to sides were an awesome combination. I fed my family of 8 for two meals on this recipe and still had leftovers so I think this makes more like 16-18 servings. I will be adding this to my cookbook and making this again.
see 4 more reviews