Kale With Walnuts and Raisins
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- Remove the center stem from the kale and discard. Wash and chop kale leaves and set aside. If you don't know how to remove the stems from kale, Google: remove kale stems.
- Combine kale with raisins and chickpeas and set aside.
- Chop garlic, mushrooms and walnuts. Combine with pepper flakes and set aside.
- Coat large frying pan or dutch oven (at least 5 quarts) with oil. Add the garlic mixture and sauté for 30 seconds, adding small amount of sherry if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the remaining sherry, raisins, chickpeas and as much kale as you can fit in the pan. Cover and allow the kale to wilt down. Mix well, continuing to add kale until all has been added.
- Cook until kale is tender, adding small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!