Kale Vegetable Medley
- Ready In:
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 cups kale, firmly packed, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- salt & pepper
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces. Steam potatoes for about 10 minutes after a boil, until they are just tender.
- While the potatoes steam, wash the kale & discard the stems; chop into 1 inch slices. When the potatoes are done, remove from heat, uncover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme; saute, stirring often for about 3 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the kale and cook over low for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, potatoes and beans and heat for another minute or two. Season with salt & pepper to taste, serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!