Kalbi Compound Butter
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Louisville chef Ed Lee's recipe. Top steak or any beef, vegetables, etc.
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped (green onions)
- one 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lb butter, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sugars and sesame oil. Bring to a boil and cook low for 5 minutes until thickened. Then let cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, add the chile flakes, garlic, scallions and ginger, and pulse until finely chopped. Add the softened butter and pulse until combined. With the motor running, stream in the cooled soy sauce until a smooth compound butter forms.
- Using plastic wrap, roll the butter into a 1½-inch-thick log and chill until firm before slicing into rounds. Use as desired. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION