Kalamazoo Hash Browns Casserole
Gooey goodness. Kids always love this. Can reduce fat by using fat free sour cream and cheese.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs hash browns, frozen, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (I don't use this much)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Combine all ingredients, except corn flakes and butter, into lightly greased casserole.
- Combine cornflakes and butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My son just loves this casserole and your recipe worked out perfectly!!! I did do it a little differently in that I sauteed the onion in 2 Tablespoons butter before adding to the potato mixture. I then melted two more tablespoons butter to add to the cornflakes. So I only used 1/4 cup butter and that worked out great. I served this with my Recipe #352248 and corn on the cob. My DS and I thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Photo Tag.Reply