Kahlua Mole Chicken
A twist on traditional Mole- Kahlua!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- (Mole Sauce).
- In saucepan, place butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add Kahlua, stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In blender container, place chili sauce, sugar, chopped macadamia nuts, cocoa powder, pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ground cloves, cinnamon, ground red pepper, salt and pepper. Add Kahlua mixture and blend until nearly smooth.
- In large frypan, place 3 tbs oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to large casserole dish. Pour prepared Mole Sauce over chicken, cover and bake in 350 degree F. oven for about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease, and juices run clear.
- To serve, arrange chicken on platter; spoon sauce on top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and green onion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good! I made it a little easier by putting the sauce over frozen, un-browned boneless skinless chicken breasts and I cooked them an hour. I loved that the sauce was so easy to make and used ingredients I had on hand. I used Heinz chili sauce. The Mole sauce tastes kinda like a sweet barbeque sauce. I loved it with the sesame seeds, chopped tomatoes and green onion. I served it with caribbean black beans and rice. Thanks for the keeper recipe...everyone agreed they would like this again. Made for Zaar Tag.Reply
see 1 more