- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef, seasoned your way (I use Mexican seasoning) or 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shred them in the blender (I use Mexican seasoning)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced (I use a Mexican blend)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, small chucks (I use Mexican blend) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk, less if you want a thicker cheese sauce (use this only if you are using Velveeta)
- 1 (20 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
- salsa (I use Pace thick and chunky)
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- low-fat sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded (if you are not using Velveeta)
- serve with chips
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Sauté onions, garlic and jalapeños until onions are soft.
- Add meat, brown and season; drain.
- Set aside in warm place.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Velveeta cheese, milk (if using cheese and milk), soup, canned diced tomatoes and green chiles; mix well.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until melted.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with Pam.
- Warm each tortilla in microwave for 30 seconds or so (makes them easier to work with).
- Place a tortilla on plate then add another tortilla on top of it, lapping it half way, as to make the tortilla longer.
- Spoon beef in middle of tortillas, roll and place seam side down, in baking dish; continue until mixture is done (I make 4 large).
- Pour a portion of sauce over tortillas; place in oven for 10 minutes (just to warm).
- Remove from oven and place a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on each individual chimi.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato.
- You can also prepare on individual plates.
- Just place chimi on plate pour cheese sauce over it and place in microwave for a couple of minutes to warm.
- Dollop and garnish.
- I use the remainder of cheese sauce to mix with my salsa.
- Makes a good queso (cheese dip).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kaccy. I'm in my mid 30's, live in New Mexico. DH is Mike. I have a 22 yr son, Chris. 17 yr step-son, Dallas and 14 yr step-daughter, Ashley. I am a Christian, like to cook, make candles and other crafts. I love outdoors!!! I'm a Artesia Bulldog Fan!!! and a Bronco's Fan! I waitress and love it. I work at a nice little "brew pub" and just have a blast with my customers.