Kabocha Squash and Sweet Potato Soup With Adzuki Beans
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 19mins
- 1⁄2 cup adzuki beans, soaked for a couple of hours
- 1 medium onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 kabocha squash, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a medium size pan, place adzuki beans and cover with enough water. Bring it to boil, turn off heat and drain.
- Add about 3 times the amount of water as beans and cook for 50 – 60 minutes until the beans are soft. (If you have a pressure cooker, it only takes about 13 – 15 minutes under pressure). Drain the water.
- In a soup pot, put onion, kabocha squash and sweet potato. Cover with enough water and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Puree the vegetables using a blender, food processor or hand blender. Add salt.
- Serve with cooked adzuki beans and chopped parsley on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!