Justin Wilson's Shrimp Scampi
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1/4 lb margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- louisiana hot sauce, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- cooked pasta
- Over medium-high heat, in a medium frying pan, melt the butter. Add the parsley and onions and saute until the onions are tender.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic, stir, and continue to saute about another few minutes.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and hot sauce ( I started with a sprinkle of each and I added more at the end). Stir to mix well.
- Saute' until the shrimp are opaque and turn pinkish. Do not overcook.
- Serve over pasta. I liked this with grated Parmesan over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.