Junior League - Green Chile Cheese Grits
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking white grits
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green chili
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the grits. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in green chilies. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the grits mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Let stand until cool. Chill, covered, for 2 to 10 hours.
- Cut the grits into 8 squares with oil. Cook on a hot griddle or in a large nonstick skillet until light brown and crisp on both sides.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!