Julianna's Macaroon Recipe
photo by tarahnuranga
- Ready In:
1 1/2 Dozen cookies
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted (white, or milk can be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, coconut and salt. Add condensed milk and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Drop batter by Tablespoon / scoop (original recipe called for 1/4cupfuls), 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until just golden on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, dip top halves into melted chocolate of your choice; let stand until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There is a mistake in the instructions. When I got out the 1/4 cup to measure the macaroons I realized that was way too much and wouldn't make 18 macaroons. I used a tablespoon to measure each one and I had exactly 18. They turned out perfectly in the amount of baking time specified. Everybody loved them!
I LOVE this recipe, they turned out mouth watering. I did make a few minor adjustments though. I made my macaroons heaping Tablespoon sized instead of 1/4 cup like it called for, that seems VERY large plus, that would only allow you to make like 8 macaroons before you would run out of mixture. I doubled this recipe and even making mine smaller in size only ended up with 24 macaroons. These are VERY yummy and super quick and easy too. I would just double or even triple this recipe and make the macaroons tablespoon size. Even though I made mine much smaller that the recipe called for they turned out good sized. I will definitely be making these again soon!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I Love to cook - and I am trying to find great recipes to help me stick to my diet - but also great recipes that let me do the cooking I enjoy. <br />I live in a cabin in Alaska with my husband, and our brown lab. <br />Husband enjoys skiing, fishing, and hunting, and I enjoy going along. <br />Mostly I enjoy trying out a great new recipe and adding it to our Favorites.</p>