Johnd's Savory Scrambled Eggs (Huevos Pericos)
photo by John D.
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 eggs, well beaten
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1⁄3 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, large and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, fresh minced
- 5 dashes salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pour and heat the oil in a frying pan. Add and saute the onion, pepper, and the garlic and heat. When these are just about to soften, add the cilantro, the tomato and finally, the beaten eggs.
- These are stirred so as to mix with all the rest of the ingredientes until they are done to your taste (soft or stiff). You will observe that they remain a bit loose and with some liquid---this is normal, and is due to the liquid retained in the tomato.
- Once cooked to your taste, add the salt and pepper and serve hot.
- NOTE: The tomato may be squeezed before cutting in order to seed it and to remove excess liquid.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a bit rusty with my English, but I'll try to do my best. <br> I retired from active duty from the Ven. Navy in '89. Graduated from Annapolis, class of '59. My favorite hobby was cooking, and now I've become a strong fan. <br> I don?t like recipes that call for starting or adding canned products. I try to keep these to a minimum. I call these recipes chemistry. When you call for 1/2 can baked beans, I remember my chemistry classes in high school. The only cans I use are stewed tomatoes.