Joey Pots and Pans Famous Meatball Recipe
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh 15% fat ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb fresh ground ground lean pork
- 1 large red onion, 1/4-inch Dice
- 8 ounces plain breadcrumbs, Unseasoned
- 8 -12 ounces parmesan cheese
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded 1/4-inch Dice
- 12 large garlic cloves, 1/4-inch Dice
- 8 ounces very lean bacon, Fat Removed, 1/4-inch Dice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, course chop
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove Beef and Pork from fridge, bring to room temp in a large bowl or pot.
- In separate batches sauté Onion, Jalapeno and Garlic until soft, add to meat. Sauté Bacon until cooked, add to meat. Add Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese and Cilantro to meat.
- Using your hand, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Beat eggs with water, add to meat mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a 10-inch non stick frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Portion meatballs to desired size and brown on all sides. Place meatballs in tomato sauce to finish cooking.
- Meatball mixture can also be cooked in a meat loaf pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.