Jody's Lentil Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lentils
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or split between olive and canola)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I've always used parsley) or 4 tablespoons fresh tarragon (I've always used parsley)
- salt and pepper (remember that there's already salt in the mustard)
- Put the first five ingredients (everything through the water) into a pot a simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the lentils are done but not mushy. Remove the bay leaf and drain any remaining water.
- While the lentils are cooking, whisk together all the rest of the ingredients in the bottom of the bowl that you ultimately want to use to serve or store the dish. When the lentils are done and drained, pour them on top of everything else and stir it all together. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!