Jo Mama's Turkey Chili
photo by Sharlene~W
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
3/4 cup servings
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon california chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 15 1⁄4 ounces kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- Brown ground turkey along with diced onions. Add all seasonings, tomato sauce and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add kidney beans, black beans and green bell pepper.
- Simmer another 30 minutes until green bell pepper is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.