Jif Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling dough balls in
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup crisco butter shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter (as the title implies, Jif is recommended)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry jelly or 3/4 cup any jam, jelly, preserve of your choice
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat together white/brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla, and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add and stir well into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape into one inch balls; roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool about 2 minutes. Make a depression in the center of each warm cookie with your finger or the back of a teaspoon or small spoon. Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon jelly.
- Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Happily married mom of two wonderful kids. Enjoy outdoors, reading good nonfiction and simplicity. Can't ask for much more than that out of life. <br /> <br /> <br /><br /></p>