Jicama Salad With Rice Wine & Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Ready In:
For the Salad
- 2 cups jicama, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 bunch chives, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4 large radicchio, leaves
- 8 Belgian endive, leaves
- 2 small avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, peeled and thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (or to taste)
- In a medium bowl place the jicama, carrots, red bell peppers, chives and the Rice Wine Vinegar and Sesame Ginger Dressing. Toss everything together well. Marinate the ingredients for 1 hour at room temperature.
- To make dressing: In a medium bowl place the rice wine vinegar, hot chile oil, ginger, shallots, tamari and sesame seeds. Mix everything together well. While whisking constantly, add the sesame oil in a very slow, steady stream.
- On individual salad plates, place the radicchio and Belgian endive. Place the jicama mixture on top. Garnish the salad with the avocado and lemon slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!